Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Worldwide Bond






My Spanish LIAHONA magazine is still coming here – the Spanish version of the church magazine for adults. I subscribed years ago, trying to keep my high school Spanish alive. I usually can only decipher the headlines of the articles, but I enjoy it.

I pick up the September issue in the post office in Ebeye and bring it home to read. I open to the article “Para que los cielos se abran” – “So that the heavens will open.” A photograph shows a woman kneeling in prayer holding a copy of Das Buch Mormon – a Book of Mormon in German. The article is written by Elder Kikuchi, a General Authority from Japan. I’m reading it sitting on my couch in the Marshall Islands.

I think of Nephi’s words: “He inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness . . . black and white, bond and free, male and female, Jew and Gentile; and all are alike unto God.” (2 Nephi 26:33) I think of people throughout the earth, all seeking God’s peace, being welcomed by Him as they call on Him, and marvel again at the individual love God has for his billions of children all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment